- Keep your fingers away from your face and out of your eyes, ears, nose and mouth.
- Put tissues in their pocket (a mini pack or a few stray tissues) before they head out the door.
- Wash your hands whenever you have the chance at school.
- Spray their nasal passages with Xclear in the morning before they head off to school.
- Consider a Vitamin D or multi-vitamin supplement in the fall and winter when colds and flu are going around.
- Wash their lunch box daily.
- Backpacks are another huge germ culprit.
- Reduce consumption of sugary foods before and during school.
- Take shoes off at the door when you get home.
- Don’t stress about it.
Read the entire post here.
Natural Health Advisory Daily offers a general list of 8 Good Health Tips for Back to School. Some of these tips overlap with the above list, but others cover topics such as getting plenty of sleep, exercising, and eating right. Here is a quick list of the tips:
#1 – Make sure your child gets plenty of rest.
#2 – Make sure your child eats a nutritious diet.
#3 – Teach your child proper hand washing.
#4 – Give your child a children’s multivitamin daily as well as fish oil.
#5 – Teach your child to avoid sharing food with friends at school.
#6 – Teach your child to avoid sharing brushes or combs.
# 7 – Teach your child proper body mechanics.
#8 – Don’t forget to exercise and limit T.V. time!
Check out the full article – 8 Good Health Tips for Back to School – for ideas on teaching and implementing these tips with your children.